Spatial Address Registration System (MAKS) is an e-Government project planned back in 2011 and launched in 2013 so the address details, which are stored in Address Registration System in textual form, are combined with the geographical coordinates and the infrastructure so established is integrated with other systems.
Services undertaken and successfully accomplished within the scope of the project can be summarized as below.
- Preparation of MAKS data model,
- Integrated management of building documents with the geographical and textual address data,
- Follow-up of geographical data changes and instant transfer thereof to to the National Address Database (UAVT),
- Making the geographical address data available for in MERNIS and other institutional applications,
- Sharing the geographical address data with the institutions and organizations that are in need of such data,
- Carrying out the analysis, design, application development, test and training activities required to create the necessary system infrastructure; and commissioning of the system.
Thanks to Spatial Address Registration System;
- National Address Database (UAVT), where all countrywide address components are administrated in textual manner, is provided with a spatial aspect so as to create a more effective and functional Spatial National Address Database,
- Preparation of the services to enable the authorized bodies that have Geographic Information System (CBS) –based Urban Information Systems (KBS)to keep the Spatial UAVT, which will be set up via integration of systems, up-to-date without the need for further data entry,
- Creation of data updating infrastructure that will allow for spatial data sharing and continuous updating such data in order to make sure that the services offered by the institutions can be delivered in a more effective and accurate way, by sharing the address data needed by a number of institutions and organizations via the Spatial UAVT in accordance with the standards,
- Creation of an infrastructure to ensure that building documents prepared by authorized bodies within the scope of AKS can be integrated with Spatial UAVT and the systems of relevant institutions involved in the process of building documents so that such documents can be prepared in a more effective, rapid, efficient and smooth way; Spatial UAVT can be automatically updated in the course of the process and it will allow integration with the systems of the authorized bodies,
- Creation of an infrastructure that enables the citizens to have access to the processes related with address details and building documents in a fast and accurate manner and allows the transparency of address-based services.