GocNet is a migration system project enabling Turkey to be a model country in terms of migration and international protection, which was developed for electronic management of information with regard to the procedures and transactions about the foreigners’ arrivals to stays in and departures from Turkey as well as their deportation, exclusion order, international protection, temporary protection and protection of human trafficking victims.
Since 2013, services are provided for GöçNet, which regulates the fact of migration that has become more and more important for the economic and sociocultural structure as well as public order and security of Turkey. In this regard, the services, which are undertaken in three stages and successfully accomplished so far, are summarized below.
GöçNet Corporate Software Development Project
In 2014, developing the application software that runs on a central and web-based architecture in central and remote offices of the institution and covers the migration and international protection procedures (visa, residence permit, exclusion order, deportation, administrative detention, international protection, temporary protection, protection of victims of human trafficking etc.); delivering the relevant trainings and commissioning of the system; ; carrying out the data transfer works from Directorate General Of Security; integration works with about 20 public bodies including, above all, EGM (DGS), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Labor and Social Security, Prime Ministry, SSI and Ministry of Health, in addition to all other relevant institutions and organizations.
GöçNet-2 Corporate Software Development Project
In 2015, External Data Communication System, e-Ikamet, Offline Registration, Call Center Integration and Passenger Information Systems subsystems were developed for GöçNet system; relevant trainings were given and system was commissioned.
Application Software Project for Combatting Human Trafficking and Protection of Victims
In 2016, it was ensured that application software required for the works with regard to Combatting Human Trafficking and Protection of Victims was developed, relevant trainings were delivered and the system was commissioned f within the scope of the “Project for Protection of Victims of Human Trafficking”, funded by EU and conducted by IOM, in which the Directorate General of Immigration Authority is the main beneficiary.
- An immigration system in conformity with the international human rights standards is introduced by dealing with the immigration issues, which were previously conducted by means of secondary regulations, by virtue of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection Law (YUKK). GöçNet project has contributed in the establishment of an efficient and manageable migration system, particularly with regard to the following:
- Procedures such as visa, residence permit, work permit, exclusion order, deportation, international protection and temporary protection, which were previously carried out separately from each other, are gathered under the same roof within GöçNet, enabling quick, effective and accurate decisions can be taken about ongoing processes,
- Rapid and effective execution in electronic environment of relevant procedures, thanks to integrations with nearly 20 public bodies including, above all, EGM, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Labor and Social Security, Prime Ministry, SSI, Ministry of Health, as well as other relevant institutions and organizations,
- Significant contribution in taking rapid, effective and accurate decisions when determining the migration policies and strategies of Turkey thanks to business intelligence reports and statistics supplied by GöçNet,
- “E- ikamet” system, which is developed in order for the foreigners residing in Turkey to apply for residence permit or transition application between residence permits or even extend their residence permits online, has enabled quicker execution of transactions and procedures involving the foreigners. Extension procedures can be electronically carried out without need to visit Provincial Directorates of Immigration Authority in person, whereas an appointment is given to the foreigners for the process once their initial applications and applications for transition between residence permits are received in electronic environment,
- Efficient and effective execution of services for those under temporary protection, as the records of around as many as 3 million foreigners under temporary protection status are kept reliably and shared securely with relevant public agencies including, above all, EGM, Ministry of Health, SSI, AFAD, Ministry of Labor and Social Security and Prime Ministry,
- Rapid, effective and accurate decision-making for the procedures carried out to prevent the crime of human trafficking, combat human trafficking and protect the victims of human trafficking.