Address Registration System (AKS) is an important e-Government project ensuring that residence and other address details of Turkish citizens and foreigners residing in Turkey are kept up-to-date within a central electronic environment in order to eliminate the disorganisation in addresses.
The services that have been undertaken and accomplished successfully for this system, which meets the address requirements of all public/private institutions and organization in Turkey, as needed in their procedures and transactions, can be summarized as follows.
- Formation of National Address Database (UAVT) where address data are stored,
- Transfer of data, collected by Turkish Statistical Institute, to UAVT and MERNIS,
- Development of software required by all relevant authorized bodies to keep UAVT up-to-date,
- Administration of documents of the building in TSI standards, in a way integrated with UAVT,
- Recording of individual residential and other address details in connection with UAVT,
- Convenience of making address declarations by the Citizens via electronic and mobile signature,
- Ability of Headmen (Mukhtars) to produce residence and similar documents,
- Sharing of UAVT data with other institutions and organizations,
- Realization of necessary analysis, design, application development, test and training activities for sharing residence and other address details with institutions and organizations authorized pursuant to legislation; and commissioning of the system.
Thanks to Address Registration System:
- The need for a census has ended,
- It is ensured that address data are administrated and shared by a single center in line with standards,
- Reliable statistics can be generated with regard to current demographic quality and quantity on settlement basis,
- Financial losses arising from incorrectly recorded and declared addresses, information pollution or confusion due to extremely frequent alteration of address components are prevented,
- Additional cost burden for creating and updating electoral registers is eliminated,
- Public services such as healthcare, education etc. are planned and implemented in time and cost-effective manner, using the data stored in the system,
- Income losses or damages caused by late or non-delivery of the notices of collection because of lack or change of address, are prevented, whereby tax incomes are increased,
- It can be used in infrastructure of urban information systems,
- Losses and damages are prevented since the public investments can now be planned and implemented in the light of actual data.